Definition of a ketogenic diet
A ketogenic diet is a very low calorie and high-fat diet. The cardiologist Atkins invented this diet in 1972. It is the preferred diet of most athletes who do not want to take extra pounds.
How is it possible to lose weight by cutting down calories’ intake and increasing fat intake?
Empirically, this is a proven fact. Some experiments on life subjects (human beings) have proven the fact that if one can cut down his calorie intake and increase his fat intake, he can lose some pounds. This was reported for instance on the Headline of Newsweek (on DIETFITS) in February; according to this report, a year-long study on 609 people who were assigned to eat healthy diets with a little fat or carbs ( short form of carbohydrates, great source of calorie) as possible lost some pounds. Weight loss can be achieved simply through calorie-restricted, low-carbohydrate, and high-protein diets. The keto diet is an extreme version of this type of diet.
This is the mechanism of a keto diet: In our body, carbs are the agents that normally burn fuel. When there are no carbs in your diet, the body breaks down fat in your body into ketones (like acetone). This ketone can be used as the fuel of the body just like calories’. When this happens, you are said to be in a state of ketosis.
Could someone adopt a keto lifestyle for weight loss?
We are all aware that overweight can expose us to some coronary diseases such as cancer and others. Maintaining the ideal weight is therefore very necessary in order to maintain good health, no matter the method we adopt. If we choose a keto diet, we should be aware that it is not an easy choice because it will require the discipline of a new lifestyle. A keto diet will mean no burgers, fries, sodas, shakes, pizza, burritos, sandwiches, breads, bagels, buns, pasta, rice, cereals, chips, muffins, cakes, cookies, candy, and just about all junk food. Many are too used to this kind of junk food. In some ketonic diet, you can include fruits and vegetables such as berries or low carb vegetables such as broccoli or cauliflower. It will not be easy for them to follow this diet. The worst part of it is that if you follow whatever diet that helps you to lose some pounds and later on you stop it, you will gain back the pounds lost.
Embarking on a keto diet means changing your taste. You need to adapt and learn to love a new kind of food, you need to learn to feed with cream, butter, oils, nuts, avocado, fatty meats, cheese, etc. Despite the new discipline the keto diet requires, the Diet has become very popular and mainly among athletes. To this end, you might need to be a mentor step by step by a good book such as Simply keto: A Practical Approach to Health & Weight Loss, with 100+ Easy Low-Carb recipes, available at Amazon.com at the cost of CDN$ 31.05. The main reason behind the popularity of this diet is perhaps the effectiveness of the Diet. After adopting the diet for a little while, the results can be visible. What is even more important than the weight loss measurable on a scale is the fat lost which is not measurable.
Does the keto diet have side effects?
It is true that the keto diet has some side effects. But the advantages out pass from far the side effects. The keto diet can be used as an effective means of weight loss, for maintenance of the ideal weight and the treatment of epilepsy. The known side effects of a keto diet include fatigue, bad breath, bloating, and constipation. Adding some fiber-rich whole grains on the diet such as beans or some vegetables can solve the constipation problem. In some cases, a person on a keto diet can just use fiber supplements such as Metamucil Psyllium Fiber Capsules.
Some other effects noted while on a keto diet include elevated blood triglycerides (linked to elevated cardiovascular risk), increased urinary uric acid (which may lead to the formation of kidney stones), and lethargy. Adults on a low-carb diet are also at risk for adverse impacts to their bone health. That is why we cannot completely eliminate carbs from our diet. Some organs of our body even depends on calories’ from carbs like our brain.
Some Packaged Keto food you might consider
This is New! It a Vegan Pure No Sugar Keto Bars-Nutritional Keto Food Bars, Low Carb/Low Glycemic, 0 grams of Sugar, Keto-Friendly Foods, All Natural, 9g of Plant-Based Protein, Vegan, 13 g of Food Fats per Bar, Only 3g Net Carbs, §§LCHF-Chocolate Peanut Butter( 12X40g Bars per Box). Available on Amazon.com at the cost of CDN$39.99.
2. Keto Pure
These are some features of the Keto pure that might interest you.
- EPIC FAT BURNER: Put the power of exogenous ketones to work inside your body and watch the results. Simply put, BHB salts (beta-hydroxybutyrate) are formulated in a way that allows your body to use fat instead of carbs for energy, the whole goal behind keto weight loss! If you put the effort in, it will work for you!
- SUPER COMBO: BHB SALTS + Caffeine – Skyrocket your BHB production!!! This combo raises your BHBs higher than either BHB or MCT alone.
- HOW CAN KETO PURE DIET WORK FOR ME? Here is the secret: While we all know losing weight doesn’t happen magically it doesn’t have to be grueling. The quickest way to achieve weight loss with the Keto Diet Elite supplement is to combine it with a ketogenic (low-carb) diet. This attacks the problem from two sides and gives the body the well-rounded support it needs to seriously torch your weight loss.
- QUICKER TO KETOSIS = QUICKER TO THE BODY YOU WANT: Remember, burning fat for energy is the goal. You will stray now and then and that’s where Keto Diet can be your secret weapon. We help get you back on track and Stay There! You can do this. Burn and churn….Burning fat is where it’s at.
- CLEAN KETO SUPPLEMENT YES!: We’ve got you taken care of. Only clean components in this Keto Diet supplement. Clean quality that you can count on to provide your body the most direct pathway to weight loss
You are in need of special advice, you can send me a direct email via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or a direct WhatsApp message at +237651540532.
You may also want to comment about this post, share your personal testimony, or ask a personal question, please leave it in the comment box.
You want to Discover your Gifting…Your Calling and Your Destiny…Start a new spiritual journey by clicking here.